Make a Gift
The Department of Psychology and Neuroscience is home to more than 1,600 undergraduate student majors, with more than 200 of our students actively involved in research. More than 125 graduate students study and teach across our six program areas – Behavioral and Integrative Neuroscience, Clinical, Cognitive, Developmental, Quantitative, and Social Psychology.
Our faculty are committed to advancing research to solve the world’s greatest challenges. Areas of expertise include alcohol and drug addiction; depression, anxiety, severe psychopathology, and suicide; stress and health; and stereotyping and prejudice. We are also conducting cutting-edge neuroimaging research to better understand the brain and behavior. The recent $12 million renovation of Howell Hall for Psychology and Neuroscience has provided us with much needed state-of-the-art equipment in updated facilities, further enhancing our research capabilities.
So much of what we do depends on the generous support of our alumni and friends. Private giving enables us to:
- recruit top notch undergraduate and graduate students
- provide them with engaged learning opportunities in innovative research and internships
- retain world-class faculty members who are consistently being recruited by peer institutions.
Now – more than ever – private giving is crucial to maintaining our academic excellence. Thank you for your support.
– Donald T. Lysle, Ph.D., Kenan Distinguished Professor and Chair
- Psychology and Neuroscience Department Strategic Fund
- A gift to our general fund allows the Department the flexibility to use your generosity in the way it is most needed at any given time. This is particularly critical to meeting emerging demands and opportunities.
- Make a gift to our Psychology and Neuroscience Fund.
- J. Steven Reznick Diversity and Psychological Research Fund in Psychology & Neuroscience
- This fund honors the distinguished teaching and research career of Dr. Steve Reznick, professor of psychology at UNC since 1998, and proud UNC alumnus (B.A. ’73). Dr. Reznick died July 5, 2016, of complications due to ALS. The fund will encourage and honor undergraduate students who conduct exemplary research on topics of concern to diverse populations and groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in psychological research. Student research support, summer research fellowships and travel to conferences are among some of the activities that the fund supports.
- Make a gift to the Reznick Research Fund.
To make an gift, using a credit card, to the Department of Psychology and Neuroscience to one of the above funds and/or fellowships, visit The Arts and Sciences Foundation Online Giving.
You may also make a donation by check. Please make your check payable to “Arts and Science Foundation, Inc.” with “Department of Psychology and Neuroscience – 319100” in the memo line and mail to:
The Arts and Sciences Foundation
Attn: Jennifer Chandler
University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
523 E. Franklin Street
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-6115
For questions about creating scholarships and professorships, making stock or estate gifts, donation to specific programs, or suggestions on how you can help support the Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, please contact:
Associate Director of Development
UNC Arts and Sciences Foundation
Your gift is greatly appreciated and will help foster the excellent student training, research, and mentorship that we have provided UNC students since 1921!